- This kit requires general welding and fabrication skills. Welding should only be done by a competent welder who understand different materials. Some welding of cast and mild steel will be used. Artec Industries implies no guarantees or warranties and is not liable for improper installation.
- Some grinding and fitment may be required when installing this kit. Every axle varies slightly and some fabrication may be required. Will require brake line relocation to fit.
- In rare and extreme cases, the truss may come into contact with oil pan. Prior to operating the vehicle, remove the coil springs, cycle the suspension including full compression of both sides simultaneously and add bumpstop extensions to prevent damage to oil pan.
- The Front 60 that works with this kit is from ford Superduty F-250 and F-350 trucks from model years '99-04' (leaf spring). This truss is not intended for older axles due to different differential offsets. Please ensure it is a 60 because these model years also had Dana 50 available. The casting or ID tag should say 248 ('99-'04).
- Extensive trimming of the factory differential casting will be necessary (see instructions). Other fabrication and modifications may be needed due to variances in lift kits and other factors.
- Minimum of 4 inch lift required to run this kit with likely modifications. 5+ inches recommended.
- Due to the larger casting and offset on the 60 differential, many of the components are in slightly different locations than the factory positions.
- Lower Control Arm (LCA) Brackets are wider than factory location (41.5" Center to Center). Modifications to your Lower Control Arms or frame side LCA Brackets will likely be necessary. If you have adjustable long arms with flexible style joints (heims, Johnny Joints, etc) on both sides, modifications may not be necessary
- Upper Control Arm (UCA) Brackets are 3 inches higher than factory so adjustable arms may be necessary. Not compatible with Radius Arm or Wristed Y-link style suspensions.
- The coil spring perches are 1.6 inches wider per side than factory. The coil springs may bow slightly once installed.
- The shock mounts are 1.6 inches wider per side than stock to match the coil perches. The axle side shock Brackets eliminate the bar pin and uses a normal .5" bolt.
- Swaybar Bracket hole location is approximately 2.5" higher than stock. Modifications to Sway-bar may be necessary.
- Steering will completely change and tie rod and draglink will be necessary.
- Changes to exhaust may be necessary if using 3-link style UCA Bracket.
- Modified or trackbar will be required to allow proper steering geometry. Current factory and aftermarket trackbars are too long.
- SuperDuty 60 axles are 8x170mm pattern and DO NOT MATCH the factory Jeep 5 lug wheel bolt pattern. wheels will need to be purchased to do this swap. Brake and Steering components NOT INCLUDED in this product.
- This will require bumpstop extensions and a trackbar since the steering is different on this axle from factory axle. The trackbar Bracket is higher than stock location to allow proper steering geometry.
Description:Artec Industries is excited to announce the TJ 1 TON Axle Swap Kit for front 60 axles. This Heavy Duty truss and Bracket system is designed to take serious abuse and reinforce your entire axle while also providing control arm, spring, anti-sway bar, and shock mounting locations. The 3/8" and 1/4" thick truss incorporates a unique design to strengthen both the axle and incorporate the link Brackets for ease of installation and added strength. By incorporating the link mounts into the truss, hours of work and trial and or can be avoided when compared to other Bracket systems. Simply tack weld the truss together, place it on the axle and all the other Brackets fit into place exactly where they need to be. All the brackets necessary for the Super Duty front 60 ('99-'04) axle swap into a Jeep TJ Wrangler ('97-'06), LJ Wrangler ('03-'06), XJ Cherokee ('84-'01), ZJ Grand Cherokee ('93-'98), MJ Comanche ('85-'92).
- 3/8" and 1/4" thick mild steel truss and 3/16" coil brackets for much higher strength than the factory bracket and other aftermarket brackets. Precision CNC cut and bent for great fitment.
- Includes all the brackets necessary for a complete axle swap including upper and lower control arm mounts, shock mounts, anti-sway bar mounts, trackbar mount, and coil spring mounts.
- Save hours of installation time. Brackets are jigged into truss and set exact position automatically. All other brackets just need to line up to truss, no guessing and measuring involved.
- Easily upgradeable for future link geometry changes. Just trim off factory location upper control mounts and weld on a new centered link mount.
- Truss is reinforced using interlocked 1/4 thick gussets for maximum strength and easy assembly.
- Overall low profile design means your axle is stronger, sleeker, easier to fit into any vehicle, and less likely to interfere with vehicle components.
- (1) Front Axle Swap Kit
|1993-1998||Jeep||Grand Cherokee ZJ|
|2004-2006||Jeep||Wrangler TJ Unlimited|
|Axle Type||Dana 60|