Perfect Battery Charger for Vintage
CTEK offers a wide range of NEW GENERATION battery chargers. Unlike old battery chargers, CTEK chargers are designed with a focus on simplicity, safety and flexibility. The UC 800 is the ultimate charger choice for 6V vehicles. It is perfectly suited for vintage cars and motorcycles and other 6V vehicles up to 100Ah.
Flexible care for battery needs
All CTEK chargers are developed to take special care of the batteries in the vehicle and at the same time focus on the safety of the person and the vehicle. Depending on the weather conditions, usage and the type of battery dictate the care that the battery needs. CTEK chargers are developed to handle virtually all lead-acid batteries, weather conditions and vehicle types. The importance of battery charging is clear when the statistics show that 70% of all battery returns are due to poorly charged batteries. Save time, money and work by charging batteries with a CTEK charger.
Fully-automatic - for charging and maintenance
There is no need for any specific knowledge of batteries or their charging methods; the UC 800 will take care of it. The charger takes its own readings and then begins to charge the battery. Once it is finished charging, it will automatically switch to its maintenance phase - CTEK's patented pulse charging - arguably the most caring mode for a battery connected for a long time. The UC 800 can be connected for months, which is especially important for seasonal vehicles.
Patented desulphation function
Unused batteries lose their power and their life is shortened through sulphation. It is also more difficult to charge sulfated batteries. The UC 800 has a patented method for reconditioning sulfated batteries. The charger analyzes the state of the battery and, if possible, recovers the battery and its power.
Compatible with other electronic equipment
Most vehicles today are equipped with sensitive electronic systems. Unlike less-sophisticated chargers, there is no need to disconnect the battery; the UC 800 is specially designed to not damage electronic systems.
Made for all weather conditions and situations
The UC 800 is prepared to charge and maintain, no matter the weather, temperature or situation. The UC 800 is very light and compact, but it is extremely robust and water and dust resistant (IP65 classification). The UC 800 is certified for use between -4°F and +122°F. In order to make things easier and more convenient, the Comfort Connect (eyelet terminals) can be permanently connected to the vehicle's battery.
Designed for safety
All CTEK models are designed to consider the safety of the user. They are spark free, making the connection much easier and safer considering the gases batteries normally produce. The UC 800 is also protected from reverse-polarity connections and is short-circuit proof. A red light on the charger will simply indicate that the charging cannot begin until the user has connected the charger correctly.
- Perfect Battery Charger for Vintage
- Flexible care for battery needs
- Fully-automatic - for charging and maintenance
- Patented desulphation function
- Compatible with other electronic equipment
- Made for all weather conditions and situations
- Designed for safety
- 4 Step Charging Process
- Input voltage AC: 100-120VAC, 50-60Hz
- Output voltage Nominal: 6V
- Efficiency: HIGH 85%
- Charging voltage: 7.2V
- Charging current: 0.8A max
- Back current drain*: 1mAh per month
- Ripple**: 2%
- Ambient temperature: -4°F to +122°F, output power is reduced automatically at higher temperatures
- Type of charger: 4 step, fully automatic switch mode with pulse maintenance
- Type of batteries: 6V lead-acid batteries (Wet, MF, AGM, and most GEL)
- Battery capacity: 1.2-100Ah
- Insulation: IP65 (splash and dust proof)
- Certifications: UL
- Warranty: 5 years
- *) Back current drain is what drains the battery if the charger is connected without the power cord connected.
- **) Ripple describes the quality of the current and voltage. A high current ripple heats the battery and shortens its life. A linear charger has a current ripple of 70-400% which is much larger than the maximum 5% for a modern sealed battery. High voltage ripple could harm other equipment that is connected to the battery. UC 800 delivers voltage and current with very low ripple. The battery has a long service life and there is no risk of damage to other electronic devices connected to the battery.
- Comfort Connect with Eyelets
- Comfort Connect with Clamps