4x4 Drivers: Do or Do NotIf he went too fast for you we've summarized his main points right here for you.
- Do not use locking differential when driving on pavement. Also, don't use part time 4 wheel drive while on pavement.
- Always put the car in neutral and come to a complete stop before putting transfer case in 4 Lo.
- Never floor it when your vehicle is stuck.
- Do not use traction control in mud or sand. Do use traction control in the snow or when rock crawling.
- Never go straight back on the road after trailing. Check the undercarriage and all areas for damage and brush before heading back home.