You’re probably thinking you might not need a tow rope or recovery straps. But if you're going off the grid, a heavy duty recovery strap or rope can keep you from getting stranded. Perhaps you don’t go offroad often, or you don’t know much about straps. But sometimes, owning a Jeep is like being Batman. People expect you to be able to do rescue work, or at least pull something once in a while when the situation demands it. You know, save the day. Don't have a recovery strap with you? Come on! That’s like Batman leaving his utility belt in the Batcave. Even if you don’t plan on saving anyone right away, what about yourself? Are you thinking you’ll never get stuck on the sand, in a snow drift, or in the mud? Trust us, a time will come when you wish you had a rope or recovery strap.
Recovery Straps and Bubba Ropes
So what do you need? Nothing extravagant, really. Just a quality strap or rope. These are especially useful if you don’t have a winch (but they can be used in combination). Not every one wants a few 100 lbs. of winch and gear on the front of their Jeep, but you can still be the hero with a strap tossed in the back of your vehicle. Check out these trusty recovery straps:
- Viking Tow Roper 3/4” x 30’ (part VO-100430) - The Viking tow rope can handle up to 19,000 lbs. It’s utilized for pickup trucks, SUVs, even military HUMMWVs. It’s made from 100% Dupont nylon and is double braided.
- WARN Recovery Strap (part W88922) - The WARN premium recovery strap his rated up to 14,000 lbs. Made from nylon, it absorbs shock and is elastic to absorb energy. It’s 2” x 30 ft.
- Smittybilt Recovery Strap (part SB-CC420) - With double stitched webbing, the Smittybilt Recovery Strap can handle up to 40,000 lbs. It has a double hoop design. and is 4 inches x 20 feet.
- Rugged Ridge Recovery Strap (part 15104.03) - Rated at 40,000 lbs, with a length of 30 feet (x 4 inches). the Rugged Ridge Recovery Strap is a premium strap, for both on road and off road work. Made from mildew proof nylon, it can help you or a buddy get out of trouble fast.
- Mile Marker Tow Strap (part MM-19315) - Mile Marker specializes in offroad recovery. Their 3 inch x 15 foot strap is compact and ready to go when a shorter strap is needed, and it’s easy to store in your Jeep.
These are just a few of the many recovery gear options
we carry. Now, if you do plan on going offroad a lot, or you know you'll be pulling people out of holes and mud, you want to take a good look at the Bubba Ropes
These guys don’t play around. They have one goal: make the best possible towing rope available, anywhere in the world. They don’t make chrome stuff for your Jeep, they don’t make pretty accessories to bling up your ride, they have one focus and one type of products: the mightiest tow and recovery ropes on the market. They are available in several sizes, ranging from 20 to 30 feet. They offer from 28,000 lbs. to 53,ooo lbs. breaking strength. Their ropes include a storage bag because they know you’ll be getting a lot of use out of them, and you’ll always need one in your Jeep. Built to military specs, with 100% double braided nylon rope and a urethane Polymer coating, these are the serious ropes you want. Bubba ropes are also hand crafted in the U.S.A. So what do you think? Hero or zero? You should have at least one recovery strap on your Jeep. Because one day, you'll wish you did. You won’t know when or where. But trust us, it’ll happen. What’s in your Jeep’s Utility Belt? Click to Share! Follow Us! Read More: