- Welding required. Bolt on installation; no modifications required.
- 1981-1986 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler
- 1976-1986 Jeep CJ7
- 1976-1983 Jeep CJ5
The Poison Spyder Customs Full Width Axle Conversion Kit is designed to mount full width axle assemblies underneath '76 to '86 Jeep CJ's (CJ5, CJ7 & CJ8). The kit is designed to fit axles with leaf spring perches that measure 31-1/4" center-to-center. This includes most Chevy, Ford, full-size Jeep and Scout front axles.
The bolt-on front outboard bracket locates the front spring perches outboard by the correct amount, while also providing for the shackle reversal. The kit is designed to be used with 2-1/2" wide leaf springs, but narrower springs can be used with spacers (not provided). The front bracket also moves the front axle 1' forward of the stock position to assist in tire clearance as the axle rotates rearward under compression.
The rear weld-on bracket locates the rear shackle hangers outboard and allows for 10 different shackle hanger mounting positions. This flexibility allows for a the use of a variety of spring lengths, from stock up to 5" longer than stock. The kit incorporates a shackle reversal (shackles not included) for extra lift, and the multiple mounting points allow adjustment for longer shackles.
- (1) Front outboard bracket
- (1) Driver side rear outboard bracket
- (1) Passenger side rear outboard bracket
- (2) Frame spacer
- (2) Shackle hanger spacer
- (2) 1/4" X 5/8" spacer
- (2) Frame sleeve
- (4) 1/2-20 X 2" Gr. 8 hex cap screw
- (2) 9/16-18 X 4-1/2" Gr. 8 hex head cap screw
- (2) 5/8-18 X 3-1/2" Gr. 8 hex head cap screw
- (2) 3/4-16 X 2" Gr. 8 hex head cap screw
- (4) 1/2-20 nylon insert lock-nut
- (2) 9/16-18 nylon insert lock-nut
- (2) 5/8-18 nylon insert lock-nut
- (2) 3/4-16 nylon insert lock-nut
1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985 and 1986