- The AEV/Bilstein 5100 series shock absorbers included in this kit feature a Bilstein Triple C zinc plated finish. This finish must be serviced regularly in order to maintain its luster. Particularly in moist climates, a protective coating, such as wax or lubricating oil should be applied to prevent tarnishing. The finish is not covered under warranty.
- Actual lift height may vary depending on vehicle weight.
AEV's DualSport 2.5" XT Suspension System was designed to appeal to Jeep JK Wrangler owners who want the added highway and trail performance of AEV's taller 3.5"-4.5" DualSport Systems, but with a reduced lift height.As with AEV's 3.5"-4.5" systems, painstaking attention was paid to tuning and geometry in the new system. Not content to simply borrow the same spring rates and shock valving of the taller systems, AEV set out to specially tune coils and shocks that are unique to the needs of the new, lower system. The result is new frequency-tuned, triple-rate coils at all four corners and custom-tuned Bilstein shocks matched to the coils. Additionally, AEV evaluated the new system for cornering and braking and determined that a new, geometry-corrected rear Track-Arm Tower would be needed to help create the kind of handling AEV suspension systems are expected to have.
The new system is rounded out with everything else needed to complete the package. This includes a custom rear track-arm, front stabilizer end link relocation brackets, bump-stop extensions and brake line relocation brackets. Combined with the springs and shocks, these components allow AEV's DualSport 2.5" XT Suspension System to deliver classic AEV on and off-highway performance, exceptional reliability and a lower, more user-friendly lift height.
- Same ride quality as 3.5" and 4.5" lifts with reduced height
- Coils and shocks tuned to the needs of the lower system
- Reliability and durability you expect from AEV DualSport Systems
- No exhaust modifications required
- Accommodates 33" and 35" tires
- (4) Frequency-tuned, progressive rate springs
- (4) AEV-tuned Bilstein 5100 series shocks
- Bump-stop spacers
- Rear track bar
- Rear track bar tower
- Brake line drop bracket set
- Front stabilizer end link relocation brackets
|Maximum Tire Size||33"|
|Suspension Type||Coil Spring|