- 2012+ Exhaust Clearance: Installation on 2012 and newer JKs require a minor exhaust system modification to clear the driveshaft, which can be done at your local exhaust shop.
- 2007-2011 Driveshaft: For installation on a 2007-2011 automatic transmission JK, AEV recommends a narrower drive shaft.
- Diesel Compatibility: To install on a 2011+ Diesel JK with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), you will also need AEV's custom DPF tube.
AEV's DualSport Suspension Systems have taken off-road suspension engineering to the next level. At AEV, suspension development is about more than just adding lift height, articulation, or flashy-looking components. It's all about bringing OE-level suspension engineering to the aftermarket to create a true do-anything "dualsport" suspension - one that is both extremely capable off-road, while offering unparalleled on-road performance and handling.
To achieve this, AEV relied on factory engineering methodology. The first step was to start with the JK's control-arms, track-arms and steering. The geometry of each component was optimized to accommodate the new lifted posture of the JK. It may surprise people to learn that proper geometry is where AEV's DualSport Suspensions get much of their tremendous cornering and braking characteristics. The truth is, when the geometry is right, the springs and shocks don't have to compensate for poor performance in these areas.
Once the geometry was correct, the next step was to focus on the coil springs, again relying on OE methods, which in the case of springs means frequency tuning. Frequency-tuned coil springs share harmonious oscillation characteristics that allow them to work as a matched set, front and rear. The benefit is that they help to keep the JK balanced and in contact with the road, even when driven at high speed over rough surfaces.
After the coil springs were dialed in, AEV then partnered up with the engineers at Bilstein to develop a proprietary shock tune to match this unique suspension. Together, engineers from both AEV and Bilstein spent days at a proving grounds facility testing numerous valving combinations in an array of simulated driving conditions. Thanks to the previous optimization of AEV's geometry and coil springs, the shocks were able to be tuned with a focus on damping suspension movement - rather than on trying to mask unwanted handling problems resulting from poor geometry or spring tuning.
Overall, no matter which DualSport Suspension System you choose, no matter where you drive it or how you load it, you can count on your DualSport-equipped JK to remain comfortable, balanced and ready to explore.
- Expedition-Ready / Daily-Driven Practical. More so than any of its predecessors, the JK Wrangler is not just a trail-mastering off-road specialist, it's a truly "street able" on-road transport too. The AEV DualSport enhances the JK to raise its performance in both arenas
- Tuned Vehicle Dynamics. The DualSport system has been thoroughly tuned for impeccable behavior in every situation you might put it in - and especially the ones you didn't intend to.
- Complete. AEV DualSport JK systems are truly stand-alone packages that include everything needed to elevate your JK properly, including shocks.
- Up to 37" Tires
- Frequency-tuned, progressive rate springs
- (4) AEV-tuned Bilstein 5100 series shocks
- Bump-stop spacers
- Rear stabilizer end links
- Rear track-bar tower
- Custom rear track bar
- Brake line Drop brackets
- Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Brackets
- High Steer Kit
- Heavy-duty steering damper
- ProCal Module
- Jack Base
|2007-2018||Jeep||Wrangler JK Unlimited|
|Maximum Tire Size||37"|
|Suspension Type||Coil Spring|