- This WILL NOT work on RHD vehicles.
- This Harness is not equipped for computer controls nor is it engine specific.
- 1976-1983 Jeep CJ5
- 1976-1981 Jeep CJ6
- 1976-1986 Jeep CJ7
- 1981-1986 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler
This complete 21 Circuit Direct Fit Harness from Painless Performance fits the 1976 to 1986 CJ Series Jeeps. This harness has undergone a "frame off restoration". Included in this brand new harness is a fully integrated ground circuit for every electrical component on these Jeeps. This is a critical addition for those of you with fiberglass bodies or those who might mistake mud as a good conductor. Their also new connections and connectors that have been added to the harness including a pre-molded trailer connector, a charging system capable of handling up to 100 amp alternators and custom factory style molded taillight housing connectors. One of the biggest improvement to this harness kit is our all new full color instruction manual. This manual provides 140+ pages of color schematics, photos and step by step instructions to wiring your CJ from headlight to taillight and covers most popular aftermarket add on's as well. The blade type fuse block wiring are machine crimped with factory style terminals. Each wire is printed with its circuit identification as well as using factory color codes for easy installation.
- Factory V6 and V8 Tachometers - Inline connections are now provided at the ignition switch, just like a factory harness, that plug into the wire leads found on factory V6 and V8 tachometers.
- Factory Clock - Two connectors that provide power and ground to the clock and clock backlighting that plug directly into a factory clock. These connectors can be removed to allow connection to a universal CJ clock as well.
- Automatic Transmission Steering Column - Reverse switch and neutral safety switch connections for those using automatic transmission columns.
- Under Hood Light - A factory style connection is now supplied in the engine harness. This connection will simply plug directly into the factory under hood light.
- Manual Transmission Pigtail - The old 10110 has always had a connection for manual transmissions, however, the 10150 now also comes with a transmission pigtail. This pigtail allows for the total replacement of the neutral safety switch, reverse switch, and four wheel drive indicator switch wires, where as the previous 10110 simply plugged into the existing factory transmission pigtail. Some assembly will be required to this pigtail based on the transmission your CJ currently has, instructions and details are provided.
- Factory Tail Light Connectors - Factory style molded connectors for the tail lights are now pre-installed onto the tail harness, allowing for a true plug and play connection to those using factory tail lights. For those using aftermarket lights which do not have the factory molded connector, a pair of Weather Pac connectors is also provided to produce a clean, weatherproof connection.
- Molded Trailer Connector - Now included pre-spliced in the Tail Section of the harness is a connector for connecting to trailer lighting. This connector will supply tail light power, left and right turn/brake power, as well as a clean ground source. A mate to the pre-installed connector is even provided.
- Factory Style parts Kit - This kit will provide factory style connectors and terminals for many visible connections. This makes for a cleaner appearing install. Also included are harness attachment clips that fit the 1/4" holes left behind by the factory harness attachment clips.
- Bulbs - The 10150 now includes all the bulbs needed for front turn/park and marker lights, rear turn/brake/tail and marker lights, as well as gauge cluster bulbs. Dielectric grease is also provided to prevent corrosion to the bulbs and headlight connections.
- (1) Painless Performance 21 Circuit Direct Fit Harness
1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985 and 1986