These Moog U-joints are precision-manufactured to exacting standards. They have forged and case-hardened alloy steel crosses and heat-treated needle bearings, cold-formed radial bearing cups for 360 degree lubrication distribution, superior-quality seals, and a grease fitting in the cross body for easy maintenance.
- Greaseable U-joint allows for new grease to flush out contamination and moisture reducing corrosion and wear. Three radial grooves in the bearing cap ensures even distribution of grease to the critical wear surfaces.
- Needle bearings and snap rings are sourced from an original equipment supplier. Needle bearings provide size consistency and proper hardness for even load distribution. Snap rings are held to strict tolerances to ensure proper cup position and retention.
- Nitrile rubber grease seals use a compressed double lip design to ensure more effective protection from contaminants and are purgable for longer life. Seals utilize stringent multifaceted SAE performance standards to ensure consistently high quality.
- Consistent heat treatment is specified to achieve good bearing hardness ratios important for durable wear characteristics and strength.
- Bearing cups are ground and slightly oversized to ensure proper fit in a used drive shaft.
- (1) Universal Joint