- This Saginaw box requires a Lower Steering Shaft for a 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 52078705AD or you can shorten the collapsible section. Factory lines will work but a 97-02 pressure line is easier. Otherwise it is bolt-on.
- This Rock Ram Kit includes a bolt on replacement TC Pump, small piston steering box and a 1 1/2" diameter ram with 5/8 shaft.
- For faster reaction time, we do recommend that you also purchase a smaller pulley AGR-980152 to go with this kit.
- 2003-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ (4.0L Engine)
- 2004-2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJL (4.0L Engine)
Any vehicle running large tires, whether off-road or on-highway, will benefit by installing AGR Performance's Rock Ram System. This System is engineered for any vehicle needing extra steering force to turn large tires or maneuver off-road. Weekend trail riders, hardcore rockcrawlers, four wheelers with large tires or a lift kit that rarely gets off-road but is fighting to get into a tight parking spot will benefit from installing the Rock Ram System. Your steering force will be increased by 100% or more, yet still retain excellent handling characteristics for on-road driving. The Ram cylinder serves as an added assist to the gearbox and as a POWERED Steering Stabilizer, eliminating the need for a conventional steering stabilizer. The Ram cylinder uses dynamic hydraulic pressure to control front-end movement, not just cushion it. This results in a smoother ride and increased tire life.
The Rock Ram System consists of the competition and trail proven Super Box, a Rock Ram power steering pump and the Rock Ram hydraulic ram cylinder. The gearbox has been ported and modified to provide the needed increase in fluid flow to supply both the gearbox and hydraulic ram cylinder via hydraulic fittings installed in the Super Box. This box is not to be confused with a backyard conversion that results in a steering system that suffers from slow, sluggish steering. The kit also includes the spherical rod ends, hose, fittings and hardware to install the Rock Ram System.
The Rock Ram gearbox is manufactured with light valving for turning ease. The gear ratios vary depending on the vehicle application. In addition to the tremendous increase in turning force, the Rock Ram System reduces stress on the steering gearbox and frame by sharing the load with the Ram cylinder. The components and modifications included in the Rock Ram System are purpose designed to provide pure turning power for off-road maneuvering and at the same time stabilizing the front-end while driving on the pavement.
- Double your turning force
- Ultimate powered hydraulic steering stabilizer
- Improved highway handling
- Decreased tire wear for daily drivers
- New 3/4" Shaft Ram Cylinder available
- Industry standard in off-road steering
2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006
|2004-2006||Jeep||Wrangler TJ Unlimited|